Wednesday, February 3, 2016

That Spark

You are chasing after it your whole life. You find it in the places or people you least expect to. But that spark will start a fire that will light up your life. Some will provide the much needed warmth your heart desires, some will burn hard and consume you,  and some others will burn bright and fade away just as quickly. 

I have seen that spark. More times than I care to admit. I have seen it burn like a star and fade to nothing, I have burned and I have been consumed. And yet, I still look for that spark that will light a fire whose embers will continue to provide the warmth and peace that my heart desires; long after the fire has burned out. 

Now where is that god damned cigarette? 

1 comment:

nikki said...

Cigarette smoking is injurious to health